General Discussion

Clothing Economy Tanking?

Ok,

I will just address this here before bothering with trying to make "smart sales" with all my resins that are almost worthless now.  Is the clothing economy in this game tanked due to the fucking pig glitch?  Rumour has it that they're gonna patch it soon...but apparently there are 1000s of people "rubberbanding" their trigger buttons and hoarding 84375934759843759845734859 raw materials from pigs and using/selling the shit out of them...rendering pretty much all dreugh waxes, elegant linings, embroideries, and hemmings semi-worthless.  I thought i was finding a "Steal" when i saw people selling stacks of 200 topgrain hide for 2000 gold...only to find out the market is flooded with it...just like the white meat.  This is disappointing.  

Dont spend "market price" on anything clothing-related until this is patched and settles down.... just my 2 cents.

Open to opinions/feedback

-hugh 

"Diamonds.  She'll pretty much have to."

100% correct and quite frankly I am sorry that i did not address this myself.  I suppose I assumed that most of our people were aware and that is my error.  The Cloth Material at least for the time being is shot.  Options: 1. Hold all mats until the glitch fixes and then move it out slowly piece by piece at higher prices do not sell cheap in bulk as it will further deteriorate the market and net you terrible gains. 2. If you have the funds you can consider waiting until the patch fixes and then buy whatever you can in bulk at the lowest prices you can find and flip it 2 months from now when everyone needs to upgrade their gear to lvl 16 and the prices has risen.  This is risky as you can't be 100% that the prices will rise and stabilize by then but if they do you could make a small fortune.

~Tax

Thanks for quick reply.  I spent about 10K 3-4 days ago on 5 stacks of topgrain hide...thinking I was a bawse...only to find out I have been duped by a glitch of flooded raw scraps.  LOL.  luckily i didnt go crazy.  I have maybe 20 ELs, almost 40 EMB, and a fuckton of hemmings right now...but ill just stash them (or keep them posted at close to normal prices).  Luckily the market is still there for blacksmithing tempers, although i am trying to acquire those for myself and not sell those  lol

I have been scouring the traders for good prices on these items, buying them at low low prices, and saving them. Its a good time to just horde them, and reap the rewards later.  BeeDeezz found 100 embroidery for 10k....10k!!! no matter what he does with it now, he wins. I think with this flood of material now might be a good time to craft several sets of all rarities of Hundings Rage gear and post it. Just my 2 cents.

GFY
xoStewiexo wrote:

I have been scouring the traders for good prices on these items, buying them at low low prices, and saving them. Its a good time to just horde them, and reap the rewards later.  BeeDeezz found 100 embroidery for 10k....10k!!! no matter what he does with it now, he wins. I think with this flood of material now might be a good time to craft several sets of all rarities of Hundings Rage gear and post it. Just my 2 cents.

Yea, 100 embroideries for 10K is def. worth it.  if i see anything THAT drastically deflated I will certainly purchase it.  You happen to recall which guild trader was selling it that low?  Cuz if theyre selling embroideries for 100 a piece, then that probably means theyre selling linings for <500 a piece, dreugh waxes for <1000 a piece, and hemmings practically for free   lol

I  was out by the pig spot yesterday, since I am a Dagerfall player it's low level.  There were a bunch of Vet 14s and others camping the area, and I talked to one guy who had been out there since 8 in the morning.  It's definitely killing the market.

Become A Member Today!
Please make sure that you scroll down to the We Are Guilfoyle Trading Company section. We expect that you read ALL of the New & Applying Member Information before you apply.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em