Guides

Beginner's Quick Guide to Group Content

Hi Guildies,

You can play your Toon however you want, that is the beauty of ESO. . . . wait for it . . . wait . . . BUT, if you want to be effective in group content you have to face some hard facts.  You must specialize otherwise you will not be wanted for end game content.  There are some tricky unorthodox Frankenstein builds & ways for healers n tanks to DPS so on and so forth but this is advanced play if you are just now trying to figure out how to be effective in a dungeon lets please all just stick to the basics and then modify your builds as you go not the other way around.  Additionally you can pretty much guarantee if you advertise yourself as a damage dealing healing badass tank that no one is going to want to group with you.  If you advertise yourself as a straight up sword & board both bars do nothing but hold left trigger and taunt the invites wont stop coming.  Same goes for healers & DPS.  This guide is basic and simplistic it is meant for you to create a build with these ideals in mind and then modify it for improvement.  This is how you create your own build so that you don't have to be a copy paste player.

All Players ~

• Learn to weave in light/medium/heavy attacks in between your class & weapon skill attacks so that you are building ultimate points at all times.  The easiest way to do this is hold right trigger (unless you are tank) the entire fight and just use abilites as needed.  Using abilities will trigger the light or medium attack mid swing which will in turn trigger ultimate gain.  If you don't use an ability the attack will carry through to a heavy swing.
  • Learn to block cast.  With some abilities if you hit block at the right time after activating the ability the abilities animation will cancel and the attack will still complete.  This will speed up your DPS and keep you protected from damage.

The Tank ~ 

• 2 tanking bars with sword & shield on both
  • All heavy armor
  • Taunts your tits off
  • Hold block almost all the time
  • If you are a DK for gods sake please slot chains
  • Work on resource management and have tons of health and resist

DPS ~

• Magicka+Spellpower+Light Armor or Stamina+Weaponpower+Medium Armor . . Pick one and completely ignore the other.
  • Get 20k Health to avoid being one shot
  • Choose attack abilities that use the resource pool you have selected to build from (stamina or magicka) then slot a couple of abilities that buff or some such from the other pool as your resource dump
  • Work on developing a steady rotation of attack skills to maximize you DPS (damage per second)

HEALER

• 2 healing bars
  • Start with 2 resto staff bars and graduate to destro or duel wield back bar later
  • HEAL YOUR TITS OFF QUIT TRYING TO DROP METEORS... once you have mastered your healing then consider creating a badass DPS backbar but for now please just heal us
  • Light Armor + Max Magicka + Spell Power
  • Resource management and reduced spell costs are musts
  • Learn to keep the resources up for the DPS members of your group via Shards & Repentance.  If you are a Templar and I'm running my Stam Nightblade and you dont have green juice for me I will never run another dungeon with you again because I Don't like you anymore

If you are asking questions such as how should I build my charecter or how do I complete a dungeon you are not at advanced play level yet so stick to the rules and stop joining pledge and trials groups with 4 peices heavy 3 medium with max stamina trying to use magicka abilities as a STAM BUILD DPS nightblade.  breath.....

Just to reiterate this is a basic and simplistic guide which I have left a lot of things out of perhaps in the future I will come back here to clean up this post and maybe add some more detail but for now go fix your toon for the sake of everyone running the next dungeon with you.

~Tax

Last edited by XT4xm4nX on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

repost this on like reddit or something... the info needs to get out.... gotta love people that que as healer just cause they are a stamina Templar with a few class heals.... so annoying 

This is fantastic information. Much needed information for anyone who is running group content. I just sticked this post so it will hopefully draw more people's attention 

Become A Member Today!
Please make sure that you scroll down to the We Are Guilfoyle Trading Company section. We expect that you read ALL of the New & Applying Member Information before you apply.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em