General Discussion

best 6 trait set ?

i pretty much just run around by myself but i guess my character would be considered a tank. 

which set would be best for someone just getting into doing dungeons and shit like that ? 

Do you even glyph, bro ? 

master enchanter. sexual deviant. general scourge to all things considered holy. 

This would depend on two main factors:

1.  Are you primarily stamina or magica based?  (What are your spent attribute points?)

2.  What role do you play when in group?  You already answered, Tank.

There are only four 6-trait sets available.  Don't discount the 5-trait sets as they are almost equal in utility to the 6-trait sets.

Tanks need more resistance, health, and ways to increase their self heals.

For a pure tank, there are a few 5-trait sets that sound pretty good.  

Check out Noble's conquest (5-traits): Max health, max stamina, increased healing received, and Interrupting an enemy causes them to take 8% increased damage for 5 seconds and heals you for [x] Health.

As a tank, you will be in the best position to interrupt either with a skill or shield bash.  That's one of the tank's best ways to help the group, in fact.  When you do, the boss takes more damage from the DPS guys and you get a heal.

Song of Lamae (5-trait): spell resistance, physical resistance, Max health, When Health drops below 30%, deal [x] Magic Damage to the attacker and recover [x] Health. This can only happen once every 30 seconds.

These two sets seem pretty good, however there are two really good tanking sets that are 8-trait:  Orgum's Scales and Shalidor's Curse.  IMO, those are the best ones for a tank.  I would go with 5 pieces of either Orgums's Scales or Shalidor's Curse and then 2 pieces of Song of Lamae, weapons and shield with Song of Lamae.  But if 8-traits is not possible, Then I would choose 5 pieces of Noble's Conquest with 2 pieces of Song of Lamae, weapon and shield with Song of Lamae.

But none of the 6-trait sets seem good for the role of a tank.  They all seem to be DPS and one healer type of sets.

stamina build. 

the main role i play in a group is the dead guy on the floor. 

ok --- the orgum's scales ---which trait stone should i use with these ? i usually use sardonix to up the armor value. 

truthfully, i really do believe my character has been screwed from the get go. i chose a khajit dragonknight. evidently khajits get a medium armor bonus, yet i have only ever used heavy armor. i play the game a ton yet i really dont know the whole tank/dps/healer deal and a lot of times i will fight enemies and it takes me a bit longer to beat them and yet randoms will come up and shitstomp the same enemy quick as hell. 

Do you even glyph, bro ? 

master enchanter. sexual deviant. general scourge to all things considered holy. 
Become A Member Today!
Please make sure that you scroll down to the We Are Guilfoyle Trading Company section. We expect that you read ALL of the New & Applying Member Information before you apply.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em