General Discussion

Templar Build Suggestions

So, I've been playing a Nord Templar (Yes, I'm painfully aware of the race shortcomings.) and I am quickly approaching V5. To this point I've done some experimenting and have loosely settled on 1H/S and Resto. I have spent some time with 2H and pushed that skill to 44 as well. I want to start running some dungeons, and hopefully, if my queue position ever allows for anything less than a 3 hour wait, doing some more extensive PvP. I'm pretty clueless about some of the games finer details, in particular the more advanced gear sets and armor set ups. Any suggestions would be helpful. I don't want to be the guy dragging down the group in any situation. Thanks in advance.

My 2 Cents.  For dungeons and end game group content make a choice of what you are going to be.  Tank, DPS, or Heals.  DO NOT be a bit of one or the other. Your contribution to the team will be gimped by trying to hybrid your build.  Once you settle in on a role i suggest checking Deltia's Gaming site for build suggestions or find me in chat and i can be of more assistance in the details and explanation of the do's and don'ts. 

I am a 39 high elf templar and I play the healer role with a restoration staff. I am a healer and only a healer when I do dungeons and I find that I play a vital role in every group, and frequently get complimented for keeping health bars high.  I have considered using a bow and other weapons before, but there are two spells that come with the restoration staff that are too important to trade for anything.

If you are interested in the best armor sets for you, then go here.  http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

If you're interested in what I consider to be the best healing spells I can give them to you when I get home in a few of hours. 

But the other guys definitely right, you need to decide what to be and go be it. Personally, I like the responsibility of keeping the team alive.

I am a high elf templar. i am a healer for dungeons that is my main reason for this build. i found a build that i enjoyed for dos with one set and healing with the other. http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/the-sun-priest-a-templar-caster/. this is the solar mage build i used for my dos side. great for being able to lvl up myself as well as hold my own in delves solo.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback and the link.

Become A Member Today!
Please make sure that you scroll down to the We Are Guilfoyle Trading Company section. We expect that you read ALL of the New & Applying Member Information before you apply.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em