General Discussion

Please think about the size of a material stack when selling

I don't know about the other sellers on here but I often see a lot of the same 5unit and 10unit denominations of materials being listed at such a high price that they don't get quickly, as a result buyers must scroll through a lot of the same overpriced items.

I realize your trying to catch an extream niche of buyers who just need the last 5 mats to finish a writ and will pay the highest premium, that's fine, I also sell to this kind of market, but listing: 10  items of 5iron each @ 500$ is overkill. 10 different items sure, great, just a few of one type, excellent.

1. Just a thought. When you go looking for good deals on a guild store how many are put off just trying to wade past all these kinds of sales?

- Chopyouup09

there are a lot of people doing this now.   i just scroll past them or hit the a button which takes you to the highest amount and you work backwards. 

i myself cant see wasting the slots to list shit like that. 

Do you even glyph, bro ? 

master enchanter. sexual deviant. general scourge to all things considered holy. 

The sales of these small batch listings depends greatly on the zone they are listed in. It also depends not eh amount of material the person has to sell and the amount of listings they have used up. If they only have a few things to list and a lot of empty losing slots, then it would be more practical to list them in small batches to fill the store. They do sell a lot more than people think. 

Blacknight841 wrote:

The sales of these small batch listings depends greatly on the zone they are listed in. It also depends not eh amount of material the person has to sell and the amount of listings they have used up. If they only have a few things to list and a lot of empty losing slots, then it would be more practical to list them in small batches to fill the store. They do sell a lot more than people think. 

I am sure they do, I sell 25unit stacks around 400-700$ each, but have specifically not gone smaller for several reasons.

1) 25 is a healthy sized ammount, from which 2 or 3 items can be made. 5 makes nothing.

2) The price point comes in towards 20$ per unit, double average wholesale prices (but it is paying for a convenience). Pushing 50 a unit is pulling a movie theater trap and nickle and dimeing them.

3) non changing prices for items, I hope that buyers will frequent the guild store more when they know the kinds of prices they expect to see. Crazy fluctuating prices, and internal price wars make sellers lose.

4) diversity of materials, a list of all the same thing they don't need is distracting to buyers, so unless it's a fast moving item I only list 2 or 3 at a time.

5) if it doesn't sell in 5 days its taken down. Our guild trader is high traffic and well known. After 5 days you need to rethink your pricing. (Unless we are talking high value items, psijics or imperial motofs ect).

Mabey I care to much?

- Chopyouup09

To be blunt; people will list how they feel. What may seem idiotic to you or I might seem perfectly plausible to them. Attempting to control that is equally idiotic.

All trade skills 50. All motifs known excluding xivkyn. Always looking for new opportunities pertaining to making gold and always willing to help people out with things they need. Feel free to message me on xbox live, gt Pollux Bray. 

No one is idiotic bray lol.  Can we try and find a less "blunt" aka abrasive way to address these posts hahah.  I thoroughly appreciate your enthusiasm in replying to posts but we are going to need you to be more PC moving forward.  It is my job to be a dick and I'm fairly good at it and require no assistance.  Everyone has made good points.  The only thing I can add is that if you are a bit fresh to the trading scene and your bankroll / inventory is a little low and you've found a way to double profits on a sneaky sale I can't say I blame them.

I have recently started to sell in small stacks mainly because I've learned that a lot of ppl don't want to buy full stacks unless we are talking high end craft mats. I also have 3 stores to sell in so space isn't that big of an issue. I do agree that MANY small stack items are extremely over priced but the shear number of small stacks doesn't deter me from shopping there. I understand where you're coming from though. However I've found that the profit margins are a bit higher selling in smaller stacks. I do apologize if some of my sale items have annoyed you though. 

I didnt mean any harm by my post, I guess military life has made me a little rough around the edges. I apologize 

All trade skills 50. All motifs known excluding xivkyn. Always looking for new opportunities pertaining to making gold and always willing to help people out with things they need. Feel free to message me on xbox live, gt Pollux Bray. 
Become A Member Today!
Please make sure that you scroll down to the We Are Guilfoyle Trading Company section. We expect that you read ALL of the New & Applying Member Information before you apply.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em