General Discussion

Idea for a GTC PvP/PvE spinoff guild.

Is this something you'd like to see happen in the future?
Yes.
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

I want to be clear right from the start that this is just an idea I'm putting out there to kind of test the waters, and see where other player's heads are at when it comes to this type of thing.

I've noticed some of the discussion about building reliable, sustainable groups for both PvP and PvE. Most of what I've seen has been geared towards putting together large groups for PvP, but I know many of us would like to have smaller groups for PvE as well. Personally speaking, I haven't run WGT or the Prison yet, and I honestly can't remember the last time I did a Daily.

As far as PvP, I have seen the short term success of some other guilds efforts pursuing this course, most recently Senpai Squad. Last Friday's GTC mini-event also seemed to resonate within our guild, and even if the turn-out wasn't quite what was hoped for, it was still pretty solid. Most importantly, it was fun as hell!

The problem finding static groups for PvE is something I can't quite put my finger on, but I hope what I'm about to outline might have some answers built-in that I'm not seeing.

So, here's where I'm at right now:

• Dedicated PvP/PvE guild
  • Membership restricted to GTC, RTU, TTE members only
  • PvP focus on A.D., Skull of Corruption (Not ruling out cross-campaign groups)
  • PvE geared strictly towards group content (DSA, Dungeons, Archives, etc.)
  • Weekly events scheduled at reliable dates and times.

I feel in the beginning the main focus would be the PvP groups. The biggest thing to me is being able to offer those reliable events at specific dates and times. My experience has been that I tend to stumble into those groups and find myself pressed for time. If I knew every Friday at 9EST there was going to be PvP event, I could carve myself out a window of time for that. If I knew that every night at 7PST there was going to be a place I could go to try and assemble a group to run DSA, or the Dailys, that would be extremely helpful.

There are two main obstacles I see, and I really haven't examined it too deeply. The first is finding players who could lead these groups, at least until the rest of us, myself included, gain the experience and know-how to do so ourselves. Once we build a more experienced PvP army, the sky is the limit. Second is that this seems blatantly exclusionary towards members of the GTC family who aren't A.D. I think given the Orsinium patch notes concerning cross-alliance PvE, that half of the equation will solve itself. The other half, the PvP half, is infinitely more perplexing and I won't pretend to offer a better answer than that this whole idea is based on frustrations I hear coming from my A.D. brothers and sisters.

Finally, there are going to be questions about having Skull as the dedicated home campaign. I understand that everything is easier in Azura's Star. I get that Scourge is a more balanced campaign. Why Skull then? Because there's always a fight. Because it's not "easy". Because a group of 10 AD beating down a group of 25 DC is infinitely more awesome than 25 AD beating 10 DC. Because man the hell up! JK

I know this was a lengthy post with more questions than answers, but I'd really like to get some feedback, or hear some other ideas.-Mike

I like it all Mike except the dedicated guild.  We've worked very hard building an active player base in GTC and the reason that we stopped farming out our members to other guilds was to maintain that activity inside of GTC.  I would encourage whomever decides they wish to take on roles such as this to do it inside of GTC because just as our members who have gone to these other PvX guilds in the past they become more involved with that guild and GTC becomes less active.  My goals have always been to keep GTC active and creating a second guild would have the opposite effect.

I think I phrased that poorly. By dedicated I meant dedicated to GTC/RTU/TTE members and being a resource for them. To be honest I almost view it as a militant branch of GTC. I just didn't want to presume or misrepresent any correlation.

right now i am vet 6 and still working thru caldwell or whatever the fuck his name's almanac.  i have yet to do any daily, and havent really done too many dungeons.   i did pvp with the guild one night --- it was ok, but it didnt knock my socks off. 

as far as pve --- i am in for anything. most of my friends have stopped playing so i usually run around solo anyway. 

Do you even glyph, bro ? 

master enchanter. sexual deviant. general scourge to all things considered holy. 

I agree with Tax, we can do it without another guild. This website is enough to organize the groups. We could perhaps have another forum for the PVP/PVE groups and update the guild messages to let people know.

I will gladly join you guys as soon as Orsinium drops and we can do cross alliance dungeon groups. My main toon is almost vet 15 and should be 16 by the time it drops. The only issue is that it is in EP... As for PVP I could use a lvl 10 alt in AD, I may even be somewhat useful with the new scaling.

I could totally get on board with this. All my buddies quit playing awhile ago so I'm usually just out soloing. It would be nice to have a known time that I could sign on and get some group PvP or PvE action in. 

Become A Member Today!
Please make sure that you scroll down to the We Are Guilfoyle Trading Company section. We expect that you read ALL of the New & Applying Member Information before you apply.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em