General Discussion

Kudos to ESO Support!

As some of you are probably aware from voice chat, I bumped into a rather nasty bug the other day. I visisted the bank to deposit 70,000 gold, and due to some soft of lag/glitch the gold just disappeared. It didn't show up in my inventory, personal bank, any guild banks, any guild logs, etc. It was just gone. Tax and Demon verified they weren't seeing it anywhere either (they're in the same guilds I am). I submitted a support ticket from within the game, but honestly I didn't expect a response. I am sure they are flooded with tickets, and there are certainly folks spamming them with illegitimate I "lost" items/gold in hopes of a freebie.

To my surprise, I received the response below this morning. I still need to login to make sure it happened when I head home for lunch in a bit, but it looks like they verified the transaction and are taking care of refunding the 70,000 gold!

Response By Email (Andrea) (07/14/2015 04:07 AM)
Greetings!
Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team.

I am happy to inform you that I refunded your character with 70,000 gold, due to a malfunction of the system.

Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us again. We'll be happy to help you!

Thank you for your continued interest and support!
Warm Regards,
Andrea
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Customer By () (07/12/2015 05:38 PM)
Deposited 70,000 gold into Guilfoyle Trading Company guild bank 35m ago. Gold disappeared. Not in inventory, banks, or logs?!?

this happened to me last night, but it wasn't 70,000 it was 1,400,000 my entire eso life savings, was trying to deposit into my guilds bank for a trader in mournhold this coming week, they go for more than that even, I have traded bought and sold for months, ever since release, on ps4 and now I submitted two tickets, and haven't even got a response, Its been over 17 hours, I will have no hope in this game if it doesn't get refunded

Must be the exception, because anytime I have contacted support I get a lot of automated messages that basically just blame Xbox Live for everything.

ZOS fixed an issue where I deposited 725K into a bank and it disappeared. They checked their records and sent it back to me 2 days later. I was freaking out for a few days but they made things right. I am impressed with their customer service.

you should always deposit 1g before you make a large deposit to make sure it shows up, if it doesn't then you have to relog

just make sure include bank deposited into, the time of the deposit and date for tickets it if does happen. they have always rectified the situation when it has come up for me in the past. 

This has happened to me too.  What's worse, is it was my deposit for my guild dues (a different guild).  I now check and double check my weekly deposits and I still get paranoid that it didn't register on the guild's end.  I haven't had any problems since that first incident, but I can't help it.  I am a stickler about paying on time.  It was quite embarrassing.  Hopefully, this has been addressed and fixed.

Become A Member Today!
Please make sure that you scroll down to the We Are Guilfoyle Trading Company section. We expect that you read ALL of the New & Applying Member Information before you apply.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em